Sunday, September 22, 2013

Falling for Nail Art Challenge - Day 1



Hey everyone.


Today is the first day of Fall (although I swear I learned in school that it is on September 23rd…) and it is also the first day of Plump and Polished’s Falling for Nail Art challenge. Today’s theme is Back to School. School made me think of marble notebooks, and that is what inspired my manicure for today – a black and white marble manicure.


 
For this effect, I did a plastic wrap manicure with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On and OPI Black Onyx. I know there are two ways to do a plastic wrap manicure – you can either use the plastic wrap to dab on the second color or you can use it to blot off some of a coat of the second color. So far I’ve always used the plastic wrap to take off some color and the tutorial I learned from is here on Nailed It.


There’s still plenty of time to join in on the challenge, and you can participate as often or as rare as you like. And since most of us aren’t professional nail artists you shouldn’t feel like you can’t participate because you don’t think you’re “good,” I would love to see fall themed manis so get in on it anyway. Besides, the more you practice the better you get. :o)  Check out Plump and Polished’s post here for more info, and check out the other participants in the links below.

Laters peeps! 

~ Jaclyn

1 comment:

  1. I like! I really need to try this technique with actual plastic wrap. I've done it with a tissue, lol. I'm doing the challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete