Thursday, September 5, 2013

NotD - Zoya Giovanna and Tomoko

Hiya everyone.

Today I have for you two of my new pretties that I bought in the recent Zoya BOGO sale, Giovanna and Tomoko. 



Giovanna is a metallic emerald green that Zoya originally created for Peter Som, but is now part of the Fall 2013 Satins collection. Since emerald is said to be the “it” color this year, Giovanna is quite stylish. I used two coats over a regular base coat and topped it with one coat of SV. The consistency is great and application was fine. The only slight downside is that, as with most metallic finishes, your brushstrokes can be noticeable.

Tomoko, from the Fall 2013 Pixie Dust collection, is a stunning pale champagne color with a textured finish. I know Zoya describes her as “champagne silver,” but I see her as more of a really pale golden champagne with silver sparkle (that try as I may I could not really capture in the photos). Either way, I think she is a beautiful neutral that I would wear. I applied three thin coats over a regular base coat, and I skipped top coat to get the full sparkly matte texture effect. She went on great, and I had no issues with consistency or application.

I received A LOT of compliments on this manicure. I highly recommend getting both Giovanna and Tomoko, and you can find both on Zoya’s website. They’re both seriously gorgeous colors that are perfect for the upcoming Fall and holiday seasons.

Laters all.

~ Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment