Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Try it on Tuesday - Ombre!

Heya.

I know ombre manicures have been around for a while, but I just finally did my first. Now that my collection has grown, I realized I have enough shades of some colors that I could pull it off. Lo and behold, my purple Zoya ombre.



From thumb to pinky, I used Suri, Mira, Malia, Perri and Heather. The photo on the left was taken outside and is pretty color accurate, and the photo on the right is with flash. I used three coats of Heather and two coats of the others over a clear base coat, and I topped all with one coat of SV. I found Heather to be a little thin, which is why I had to do three coats, but the consistency of the other four were perfect and I didn’t have any other application problems with any of the five.

I had fun with my first ombre manicure, and I really like how it turned out. A lot. I see myself doing more of them in the future, especially since it’s a great way to work through untrieds. ;o)

Laters.

~ Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment